I am so excited to share a “Summer Bridal Beauty Guide” via Kristen from Sugar Social. Every bride deserves to shine on her wedding day and Kristen has provided us with some expert advice on how to look your best. For a “daily beauty dish” and even more on the latest makeup tips and trends, be sure to check out Sugar Social here. Thank you Kristen!
Summer is the most popular time of year to get married. But when the mercury rises, it’s hard to keep from wilting. Here are some guidelines that will ensure you look like a million bucks on your big day…no matter how high the heat and humidity.
1. Get a Pro Faux Glow: If you’re naturally fair and want a delicate golden glow for your wedding day, put down the self-tanner. The last thing you want to be is streaky or orange. It’s best to visit a professional for an airbrush tan. A pro can customize your shade and apply the solution flawlessly. Go 4 to 2 days before the wedding to get comfortable with your tan.
2. Use Visuals: If a makeup artist is crafting your wedding look, show them photos of makeup looks you like. It never hurts to steer him or her in the right direction; illustrating beauty elements you like will help the artist to ensure that you sport a beautiful look you’re happy with.
3. Keep it Real: One of the most important aspects of your bridal look is being you. If you’re a minimal-makeup kind of girl, your wedding is not the time to go all out with black eyeliner. By the same token, if you’re a glamour girl, there’s no need to go bare or neutral for your walk down the aisle. Adding a small dose of drama or sexiness will amp up your everyday look; try a set of false lashes or a muted smoky eye. One of the most flattering elements of any bridal look is reflecting an elegant version of yourself.
4. Get Your Shimmer On: Using a pearly pink highlighter will do wonders for your complexion and make you look radiant in photographs. Dab a bit on your cheekbones, starting at the outer edge of your brow and arcing toward your cheekbone into a half-moon shape. Also illuminate your eyes by dabbing a tad under the arch of your brow. Take it to the next level by sweeping a lightly shimmery bronzer across your forehead, down your nose, and across your cheekbones. Don’t bronze your entire face; it will cast a muddy shadow and you’ll risk looking cakey in photos.
5. Be the Blushing Bride: A hint of a rosy flush on the cheeks is incredibly flattering. In high heat and humidity, powder products can cake; during the summer, use a cream blush to give you a pretty flush. Cream or gel-based blushes add a gorgeous dewiness, too. To make your look melt-proof, dab blush on the apples of cheeks using fingertips. Use a clean foundation brush to buff the blush outward in circles, moving toward your temple. The foundation brush will blend the edges, making you look lit from within.
6. Apply False Lashes Expertly: False eyelashes add instant drama to the eyes, and make them pop in photos. If you want major impact, use strip lashes; for a more natural look, try individual lashes applied only at the outer corner of the lashline. To get a pro lash application, start by squeezing eyelash adhesive onto a tissue. To get lashes as close to the lashline as possible, pick up the lashes using a tweezer and dip them into the glue. Apply them with the tweezers, and smooth them out using your fingertips.
7. Lock Your Look in Place: Make sure your makeup stays put from the first kiss to the last dance by spritzing on a setting spray, such as MAC Fix+. This microfine mist will prevent your makeup from streaking while moisturizing your skin. This is especially important during the summer months, when temps spike.
8. SMILE! Ditch those nerves! Your wedding is one of the happiest days of your life; make sure it shows. Relax, have fun, and enjoy your guests and new husband.